Saturday 20 September 2014

Doodled Framers

This week I've been busy creating some layouts using Julie Mead's new kit, Doodled Framers Set #1. I have loved using them and used them with some other arty kits also created by Julie.

I discovered that some of the doodled framers make great trellis and I've used the flowers from Julie's Bestest Mom Ever kit with them. I love the finished effect.

I used a photo of a rose from my garden to go with the rose embellishments. The yellow paper to go with the yellow rose, which is complemented by the pink roses on the trellis. The doodle frame was ideal for my photo and the Sketch Lines Alpha was perfect for adding the page title. I changed the colour of the frames to be the same as one of the darker colours in the centre of the rose.

Roses

For my next page I stacked papers and embellishments to create a background. This time I used two doodled frames, one to frame the lupin photo and the other the little bunch of flowers that I created out of some embellishments. I added a touch of humour by using the cute bird and stood it on top of the frame.

Lupin

This page is all to do with journaling and I used the frame to frame my words instead of a photo. I loved how this turned out. I layered some papers to make a background and built the page up using words and embellishments to complement the writing.

Cycle

My final layout, don't be too shocked here, doesn't have a photo or journaling! I find it quite hard to create pages like this. Firstly I like to have photos and if not a photo at least some writing!!! But I am really pleased with how it turned out. I am trying to experiment with some different styles and I think this is a really good start.

A Beautiful Day
The photos are my own, taken in my garden last year.

All pages use the following kits:


They can all be purchased from E-scape and Scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment